Use the options below to create your search.
The following several special characters and words (case sensitive) are available for all text fields:
- AND: Require both words. property AND tax matches documents mentioning both property and tax.
- OR: Require at least one of the words. debt OR loan matches documents with the words debt or loan.
- *: Represents any number of wild card characters. e.g. health* matches health, healthcare, healthy, etc. Note that the wild card character cannot start a word. e.g. *health does not work.
- ?: Represents a single wild card character. e.g defin?tely matches definitely and definately. Note that the wild card character cannot start a word. e.g. ?efinitely does not work.
- ~: Fuzzy search for the preceding word. Can be used if you are unsure of spelling; e.g. Schenectedy~.
- "": Require an exact match. "student loans" finds documents with the exact phrase "student loans".
If no special words or characters are used OpenLegislation will look for an exact match of the whole value.